- December 4, 2019
- Brandz Magazine Team
Do you want to extend your business through the mode of social media? Do you want to improve your skills in social media marketing? Are you aware about the organic methods to boost your social media engagements? Are you up to date about the best social media tips and tools?
By using social media marketing strategies, you can grow your business and create an edge over competitors. Building a brand on social media may seem like a huge task, and in some ways it is. But there are some particular steps you can follow to improve your chances of success which will help you take an advantage of everything that social media has to offer.
So, here’s a list of social media marketing tips so that you can avail the opportunity of success:
- Create a Social Media Plan: Many businesses make the mistake of blindly jumping into social media marketing without planning a good strategy. You need to know: “why are you on social media?” or “which social media platform features your target audience?” Start jotting down a social media marketing plan in writing that you and your team can refer to when you need it.
If you’re just getting started, keep your numbers of active social networking sites to three or less. For most businesses that are trying to tackle more than three different social media accounts often results in doing a mediocre job with little to no results.
- Social Media Channel Plan: Many organizations feel terrible by the need of creating content for every social media channel. To eliminate this, many brands create one type of content and then post that content onto every social platform. If that’s you, then you definitely need a social media channel plan.
Your goals happen to be different for different social platform. In that case, the content you develop for that each platform should be different.
Here are the components for your channel plan:
The Channel (For example, Twitter)
Your Specific Target
Primary Content Type
Structure (What does a general post look like?)
- Get your Social Media Marketing Templates: Here’s a list of different templates that you should possess for your social platforms:
Social Media Content Calendar Template will keep you to keep the track of every social media post that your team needs to publish.
Best Times to Post on Social Media Infographic provides you with the best times to post on every channel.
Social Media Budget Template is used to disperse and keep the track of funding.
Social Media ROI Report Template will acknowledge you to use Google Analytics to find out how much money you’re making for every post you publish.
Facebook Marketing Strategy Template is used to break down how you’re going to use one of the world’s most popular social networks.
Social Media Competitive Analysis Template is used to observe and record your competitor’s strategies.
Social Media Report Template is used to track and analyse that how well your team’s efforts are working.
Social Media Proposal Template is used to help you format your services and convince clients to work with your team.
Social Media Strategy Guide is used to help your team develop a plan of action for your social networks.
How Often to Post on Social Media Infographic breaks down the best practices for publishing content on each social channel.
TO-DO-LIST ON SOCIAL MEDIA
- Talk about your Topic and not only Brand: On social media, you will encounter with a lot of people and one of the best ways to engage them is to talk to them. Creating content on some useful topics and posting it on your feed is the direct way of contacting and expressing your views to the customers.
When you are at an initial stage, join some groups and communities of your niche and henceforth, create your name.
- Post Consistently: You should develop a routine posting schedule and should be consistent with it. This tie back in with your social media marketing plan. You should outline: How often you plan to publish on each social media channel and what type of content you plan to publish?
Remember your followers would be following hundreds or even thousands of other people and businesses. If you’re not publishing new content as often as the other accounts out there, it’s easy to get lost and forgotten.
- Time Management: How much time do you spend in developing the blog posts, sending emails and sitting in meetings? Even if you have an idea about where you’re spending the bulk of your time, you may simply know that how effectively you can distribute your time for other tasks in the designated hours of the day. Getting a handle on time management is a huge challenge for business owners.
- Connect Visual Content with Links: When planning to post visual content on social platforms, think in those terms of how that content can drive traffic to your website, products and services. Add a link to your short video of your website from your YouTube account or from your Instagram account and make sure that you provide detailed and clarified content around the video.
- Include Contests and Giveaways: Contests and giveaways are extremely powerful for engaging more and more customers to your page. This is because people like to be recognised and awarded. Though these contests and giveaways, you can ask your followers to follow your account, like and comment on your latest posts, mention any 5 posts which were maximally liked them and review your products. In return, you can award them with a discount coupon, a free product of your company, a sponsored trip and so on. The award will totally depend upon the niche of your brand.
- Use Hashtags Strategically: If you want to be successful with your social media plan, stop random hashtagging and use a good hashtag to tie all the pieces of your campaign together.
Use a hashtag that is easy to spell and easy to remember. To make sure your hashtag isn’t already being used for something else, check for it on all channels prior to using it for your campaign.
To follow your hashtag, use sites like Social Mention and Sprout Social. Use TwiPho for searching images on a hashtag and to Monitor Hashtag Performance use Hashtag Tracker.
Share other people’s content: There will be points when other pages might be sharing some solutions that might be relevant to your audience. You may share that data on your profile and give your customers what they want. They don’t find it necessary that you are sharing your original information or someone else’s; till the time they find it relevant, they will keep following you. Keep your content diverse and share useful data with proper credits. This will not only increase your engagements but will also make you popular amongst the upcoming brands in your niche.